This policy is in effect and was last updated on May 2, 2018.
This policy covers the use of our site and any other dealings we have with you.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
While using our Products, or Services we may ask you to provide us with certain information that can be used to contact or identify you. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Personal information including, for example, your name, date of birth, gender, job title, profession, demographic information, IP address, a list of URLs, analytics of website usage, e-mail address, telephone, credit or debit card or other payment information, information about your usage of the Products and information collected by tracking technologies as further described below that may identify you as an individual or allow online or offline contact with you as an individual;
- For individuals using the Products in connection with a Community client account, business information such as your company name, and company email address;
- Device Information such as operating system version, device type, and system performance information;
- Website usage data and information collected via tracking technologies, as fully described in section 6.
- HOW WE USE THE DATA
Our use of your data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use, for example by consenting to subscribing to emails or newsletters, or because it is in our legitimate interests for example where you email us and we reply.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services related to Potential Project that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, unless you have requested that we not provide this information;
- To provide you with customer service communications;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Products, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to the Products;
- To ensure that content provided by the Products is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other devices;
- To understand your broad, non-specific geographic location to help us identify groups of users by general geographic market (such as zip code, state or country);
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Products and of the fulfillment of your Product orders;
- Details of your visits to and interactions with the Products including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or in-product communication) with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you;
- Market research;
- Analyzing your use of our site.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you;
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you;
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes;
- The rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling;
- The right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
- Where we are obliged to preserve data in case of requirement by an authority or Court;
- In all other cases we delete all data once the consent for which it was given has been withdrawn.
- CONfIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us.
We will not use the data to sell to advertisers or other unrelated third parties beyond Potential Project International and affiliates.
Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR;
- DATA SHARING
In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.
We may share your data with other companies in Our group or affiliated to Us. This includes our worldwide collaboration partners and Trainers AND/OR Our holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply Products and Services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
We may sometimes use third party data processors that are located outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”). Where We transfer any personal data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR.
- LOG DATA
As true of most websites, we gather certain information and automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
If you receive the HTML-formatted version of our email newsletter, your opening of the newsletter is notified to us and saved. Your clicks on links in the newsletter are also saved. These and the open statistics are used in aggregate form to give us an indication of the popularity of the content and to help us make decisions about future content and formatting.
In addition, we may use third-party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this. Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the Products and the volumes of usage of the Products. This is done to ensure that the Products are available when you want them and are fast. For more information, visit Google Analytics website.
- MOBILE ANALYTICS
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the Products, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We may link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile application.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside the potentialproject.com domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Products; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
- ACCESS TO AND DELETION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
To access your personal information or request the deletion of your personal data that we have on file please contact us. We will respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe.
- OPT-OUT / REVOKE CONSENT
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will have an option to choose whether to receive marketing communication from us by email. If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your preferences or opt-out easily, by using the options in our newsletters or you can contact us.
- CONTACT US